Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksblogging VII: I'm thankful for goals.

Since I finished the first draft a few months ago, I've had fun meandering through my novel, tweaking this, adjusting that. But the revision list stayed about the same length. Bullet points grew notes like "have checked for this through Chapter 7."

A few weeks ago, I set a goal. This novel will be submission-ready by February 1, or my name isn't That Blogger Who's Been Saying Thankful Stuff All Month.

What a difference! I'm spending about the same amount of time on the novel, but somehow, more is getting done. Items are getting knocked off the revision list almost daily.

I'm thankful for the time I've spent with these characters, and for the lots more time that I know lies ahead. But perhaps others will get to spend time with them in the reasonably near future, and I'm thankful for that, too.

2 comments: