Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksblogging VIII: I'm thankful for goats.

A friend read my last post as "I'm thankful for goats," rather than "goals," and it was funny. In fact, pretty much any mention of goats, outside the most prosaic agricultural discussion, is funny. Maybe it's because goats seem to appear more in children's stories than in most adults' everyday conversation, so their mention brings us unexpectedly back to basics. Maybe it's because they chew hay and make comical noises. Maybe it's just their incongruity. Maybe I'm overanalyzing the reason some words are inherently funny. Like "chicken." Or "cheese." Or "pickles."

Whatever the reason, I'm thankful for anything that brings on giggles.

* * * *

In addition to this blog, I'll be making occasional posts, hopefully more coherent ones than the above, at Brookline Blogsmith. Come visit!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just got recognized as a Versatile Blogger and am in turn awarding it to you. Congratulations on a blog well done.

    Check out http://wildlyread.blogspot.com for all the details.

    ReplyDelete